A Taste of Paradise

My daughter, Gerra, and her son came and visited this past weekend, and my son and his family also came over to visit. We all had a great time and they had all left by noon Sunday. After doing a little work, Irene and I decided to check out a new series on Netflix.

We enjoyed it so much we decided to just binge watch the series for the rest of the day, cuddled up on the couch and forgetting about anything else.  It sounds so trivial, but it was incredible.  We were just lost in enjoying each other's company and the show - no worries, no concerns, no work, no pressures.  Free to just enjoy ourselves without a care in the world.

Here it is a couple of days later and I'm still feeling the amazing effects of just "letting go" and allowing us to be together, doing nothing "productive" whatsoever, just having fun. We ate popcorn, drank coffee and smoked and were just with each other in transformative bliss. I say "transformative" because that simple, silly binge party we had has somehow made everything even more clear to me, and has once again increased our happiness and love for each other.  How can that possibly be explained? A binge-watching party?

What it did was give me a taste of our eternal life together - no worries, in our own world, no pressures, no chores to do, no concerns about work or getting tired. Just the two of us, doing whatever we wanted, without any insecurity, doubt, fear or problems, totally in love and having nothing but fun, however we desired.

To know you have that - an eternal, romantic, perfect-for-you partner, without worries, pain, suffering, problems, inhibitions, relationship doubts, insecurities and nagging issues - is to have everything.  To know you already have everything you could ever want, and that what you are experiencing is its magnificent, amazing unfolding, is a monumentally transforming experience. I know there is no more work to do; I don't have to worry if I'm doing this or that right, or if I'm doing "all I can" to create it with her.  It's already in place and I can feel it, and we both experienced it Sunday night. It was like experiencing the future. It was a message from source saying "You're done, now just watch!"

We've already succeeded.  We've already created our joyous, thrilling eternal life together.  All it is about now is experiencing it as it unfolds.

Comments