The Alternate Timeline Experience

The other night I had a dream where I could fly.  I haven't had one of those in over 20 years.  This one was different in that I didn't do what I had always done before in order to fly; instead of a gliding, gravity-skirting kind of flying, I was powering my flight with energy that was coming from my hands and forearms, like I was some kind of superhero.  The energy made area around me shake as I took off.  During that dream I realized that things were not as they should be - people with names from my life did not look the same and I noticed, but I never quite put it together that I was dreaming.

Yesterday I experienced a really astounding synchronicity.  The night before I was involved in a discussion where three very specific things came up:

1. A very specific, named individual in a foreign country that I had never heard of;
2. Thinking that person had been alive for over a decade only to find out they had been dead all that time;
3. Exploring alternate timeline experiences.

None of that conversation took place via typing something on the internet where the subject matter could have been used by Facebook to match it to subjects, pages or keywords.

The next day I woke up and found a link to a forum at the top of my newsfeed.  In the link there were a couple of words that reminded me of the conversation the night before. The post was a couple of days old and shouldn't have been at the top of my newsfeed in the first place. Intrigued, I clicked on the link and was taken to a forum where those same exact three things were woven into a single 4-year old post at the top of the thread.

Given the rather unique nature of those three specific points being used in a single conversation (the specific person had nothing to do with theorizing the existence of alternate timelines or anything like that, none of the points were intrinsically related to each other), I found it to be a flabbergasting synchronicity that I would just happen to see a link to a conversation four years ago where the exact same three disparate and unique points were used in a single post, woven together in much the same manner as the previous night's discussion.

As Irene and I were sitting on the porch talking about it, it occurred to me that if one could simply wake up and find themselves in an alternate reality where their memory of the past several years was wrong, and someone who was still alive in your memory experience had been dead all that time, what if you could wake up and find someone who was dead in your memory experience, was now alive and had been all that time?

I thought about the possibility of this kind of experience.  We talked about it's potential in our astral lives, then it occurred to me ... what if I just wake up tomorrow and find myself in an alternate timeline where Irene is alive, but I still had the memory of her being crossed over all this time? What if, to her, she had never crossed over?

Suddenly the entire scenario just flooded into my mind as if it was occurring.  The scene played out, without any effort on my part, all the dialogue and tremendous emotional impact.  It was somewhat similar to the reunion scene I wrote for The Afterlife Adventures of Bill and Irene, but it wasn't taking place in some astral world and Irene had no idea what was going on or what I had gone through in this timeline.  The sense of relief, joy, love, and appreciation coursed through me like some kind of transformational magic.  I could feel it everywhere in my body, mind and heart. The scene played out for about a half hour and the emotions lasted long after.

I was so overcome with emotion in the visualization that I really didn't get to explain much to the alternate-timeline Irene, but afterward I thought of so many things - more pieces of the scenario just kept coming up without my initiation.  I thought how great it would be, for both of us, for me to be able to visit her in such an alternate timeline experience.  I would never want Irene to have to go through another death, but I worked that out.  Such an alternate timeline experience could be something she uses temporary amnesia (memory suppression) in to provide her part of the experience, and the whole thing could be set up in the astral, so it wouldn't require her to actually be living birth to death in true alternate timeline. It would all just be about the shared incredible experience.


Comments