Irene Bumps the Bed

Irene has started doing physical things to the bed.  The other night when I sat on the edge of my side of the bed to take my boots off, I felt something Irene-size and weight plop onto the bed.  My dogs are both small Pekingese, and the heaviest is 17 lbs.  I had my eyes on both of them and it wasn't them.

Yesterday I was laying down to do some visualization with Irene, which often ends up being a nap.  I had an important business teleconference meeting at noon, so I set the alarm by the bed at 11:40.  Every time I was drifting off to sleep, Irene bumped the bed. It was not lightly - it felt like she was standing by it, on her side, thumping it with her body like you might do to wake someone up.

This happened five times, and each time it was right when I was drifting off to sleep.  I was glad for it to happen because it kept me conscious and I could continue with our visualization.  At about 11 I went ahead and got up to eat something and get ready for the meeting.

Later, after I fell asleep for the night, the alarm went off. I had actually set the alarm for 11:40 pm instead of am!  Irene wasn't keeping me awake to continue the visualization; she was keeping me awake for the meeting!

What is deeply interesting about this is: Irene knew exactly when I was drifting off into sleep, which is evidence that she is very aware of my states of consciousness, of when we are doing our visualizations and when I'm falling asleep.

Comments