A Morning Full Of Confirmations

I got up this morning and continued reading a book on my iPad called Across The Unknown by Stewart Edward White, who also wrote The Betty Book.  While I've been reading The Betty Book recently, I just got the urge to read some more of this book.  I've only read a handful of pages this morning yet the book has given me several important confirmations in the span of about 10 minutes of reading.

The first was about imagination, where the spirits talk about imagination being the doorway to greater reality.  It's the one thing we possess consciously that connects us to the substance of the next world.  They then say they will hunt for a word that is more respectable since we all dismiss imagination as a frivolous and meaningless commodity when it comes to doing real things.

That is exactly what I've been doing in using the word envisioning.  As I've written, there are different kinds of mental experience that cannot all be summed up as either "imaginary" or "real"; sometimes I have experiences that are much different than simply trying to construct something out of imagination - sometimes continuous imagery simply jumps into my mind's eye without effort.  The book says that what we refer to as the imagination is the very tool we use to begin our journey.  It's a sort of vehicle that can get you through the gate.

The next confirmation was that the path and journey into the next world is largely individual, and the book actually says "We cannot be helped by rigid regimes."  One of the things I understood early on is to be careful in accepting things I read by others because their experience may not be suitable for me to work with or from, and recently I've given up trying to hold to a rigid schedule because it just sets me up for failure and disappointment.  This book confirms that we must largely just experiment on our own. Spiritual books and instructions can point out landmarks and give general descriptions, but only the individual can plot their particular course through largely because that world is much more integrated with and empowered by consciousness. I have to go with what feels right and empowering to me without trying to over-intellectualizing it.

That brings us to the third confirmation that the intellect is really something that simply needs to be largely set aside at this point. I am doing it with an open mind and heart and simply allowing experiences to occur without trying to break them down into something I can understand on this side. Accept the experiences and be open to more.  If the intellect is good for anything, it is in recognizing its limitations and restricting itself a more reserved role in this endeavor.  Let the substance of the other world in to transform and inform me on its terms, not on mine.  You can't bring what's outside the box into terms with what is inside the box.  The only way to go outside the box is on the terms of whatever is outside the box.

The fourth confirmation was something Betty said: "I just work hard, and then find I am raised up somehow to a superstate, and am in touch with something I did not have before."  That matches my recent perspective about just doing my work and then being satisfied with that and open to whatever changes or experiences that effort brings.  It also goes along with my two astral vision events where I simply program myself to be open to having those experiences after I fall asleep - or anytime, really.  I do the work of intention and affirmation; I do the work of imagining and envisioning.  I meditate and clear my mind and relax.  I let the rest just happen whenever and wherever and however it occurs without expectations.

Another confirmation the book provided in those few page was about meditation.  Part of my meditation is simply about clearing the mind and relaxing - focusing on my breathing and settling in to a relaxed state, imagining white light from above "curing" me ("curing" being a process that changes a thing from one state to a different desired state) calming the intellect down. That's also been in my prayers of late - to remove my mental confusion and clear my mind of everything that isn't helping me.

So, all that said, I find it very interesting that this has gone on throughout my life - where I think of things and they are confirmed by outside sources.  Irene and I had a running joke about how she and I would talk about metaphysical things, and then a few months or a year later she would read it back to me from whatever book she happened to be reading or tapes she was listening to - Lobsang Rampa or Abraham or whatever.  Here lately I've been thinking things about the way it seems to me the afterlife should be - like with the capacity for perfect memory re-experience of your life here, or like it being more like Earth in many respects - solid, with bodies and virtually all physical capacities; or like your departed loved ones staying nearby to help and then greet you when you pass, etc., only for those thoughts to be almost immediately validated from some source or multiple sources.

Lately, for instance, I've been feeling a great resistance in my mind about the idea of "spiritual advancement" - as if existence was some sort of game where you gain levels to finally get to the level where the big "boss" is.  I have no desire to do that - to gain spiritual levels just for the sake of "moving up".  It's why I could never really get into Sant Mat.  My mind also rebels at the thought of coming to this world to learn "spiritual"things - like how to  have greater empathy or how to love unconditionally, etc.  I'm not saying other people don't do exactly that, nor am I criticizing it - I'm just saying that's not me. I don't really care about getting greater empathy (good grief I've got too much as it is) or even about being able to "love unconditionally".

Honestly, I think I'm a good enough person and I just want to enjoy eternity with my wife, family and friends. That's it. I don't require great adventures or advancing to great spiritual levels or uncovering and understanding cosmic truths in order to deeply and thoroughly enjoy existence - I found that state here on Earth with my wife, family and home doing ordinary things.  It was completely, deeply and thoroughly satisfying and fulfilling.  We were basically living in heaven on Earth until she passed, and that was even with her battling cancer for almost three years.  It was only the issues that inevitably come from being in this particular world that ever caused problems in our magical happy place.

And then, boom!  That sort of contented experience without the idea of spiritual advancement or seeking further "enlightenment" between soul-mates was validated by someone in the Zammit group, saying that just such a couple had come to their group session for the purpose of telling them that kind of contented, ongoing enjoyment of experience is available and valid.

There's more I want to say on this, but I've already written a novel here. I'll pick it up later.

Comments

  1. 'Fake it till you make it' comes to mind. But if the word 'imagination' doesn't work for someone--'fake it' would probably be offensive. With 'remote viewing' it is said to just write down whatever comes to mind....don't dismiss it as just being 'imagination' .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment