I'll Be There For You

So this happened yesterday.

I was getting ready to go into town and talking to Irene jokingly, calling her my "co-pilot" because she would always keep a lookout on my right side when I drive because I'm blind in that eye. I said, "Why don't you play me another song that will blow my mind?" I was just being humorous because of the last time I went into town she did just that.

I had forgotten some mail I wanted to take to the post office and by the time I got to the car I had forgotten completely about asking her for a song. I turned the radio on because she likes to listen to music and started down the road, and a song immediately started up that had a musical intro.

But I was completely oblivious to the music beyond that as I talked to her about other things on my mind. We went down the highway and at one point the memory of my having asked her to play a song just jumped like a blaring horn into my head, interrupting the conversation and she told me to listen. I literally jumped because of the urgency she was sending my way. They were basically just repeating the chorus at the end of the song that was playing and the words just made me explode with happiness and love and tears.

The song wound down and then I had a spontaneous visualization of her being so happy, so carefree - almost child-like in the sheer innocent beauty she emanated. It was seriously overwhelming. God I felt so incredibly happy for her.

When I got home I looked the song up on YouTube because I wanted to hear the lyrics of the rest of the song. Here's the really wild part: none of the other lyrics of the song applied to us in any way; only the chorus - which was all I heard after she got my attention and directed it to what was on the radio. I found the point where my attention was so suddenly directed to the song.

It's a long song. I recognized the start of the music as what started playing when I first turned the radio on when I got in the car, so it started immediately, but the only other part I heard at all was starting at the 4:00 mark, right when Bon Jovi does a little scream.  I've got the video below set to play from that mark.

Comments