Chimes

I will, at some point, explain in more depth that state change I wrote about in my last blog post.

Irene's been using the chimes above the couch to "chime in" when we're talking.  I noticed this happening the other day, when we were sitting there talking and during one very lovely moment I heard a single chime tone. It happened the next day.

I don't normally hear those chimes ringing - they are, after all, inside.  After I realized what was going on, I had forgotten about it and walked in an sat down.  Then I remembered the chimes and looked up, because I wondered if a draft was moving them to make them chime.  I looked up.  The chimes were perfectly still. I pointed at them and asked, is that you? The chimes immediately started moving - just barely, starting to spin a little bit.

I've been watching the chimes more closely.  When the furnace kicks on, the feathers on the chime move quite a bit, but that wasn't what was going on the other day - the feathers were not being blown.  I watched the chime for a while as the furnace air was making the feathers move - but was not moving the chime enough to make it ring.

Sunday I put a pizza in the oven for the game and told Irene to remind me when it was time to take it out. My brother came over just then and we were sitting on the porch talking. I had completely forgotten about the pizza.  My brother was telling me a very interesting story but halfway through it the thought of the pizza just beamed into my head, so I jumped up and ran into the kitchen. I had no idea how much time it had been.

It was perfect. Irene reminded me at exactly the right moment.

We've been having a great time and the Love After Life group has been doing great - we've come up with a lot of ideas and they have been working out beyond expectations!

Comments