Interesting Experiences & Progress

Had another dream of Irene and myself and woke up afterward at about 2:00 am ... after I told her to be sure I remember dreams of us even if she has to wake me up in the middle of the night.

I laid back down after a couple of hours of work and after about 20 minutes I couldn't tell if my eyes were shut or not. I was seeing a horizon with trees silhouetted against a purple light source behind them. Behind that I could see what seemed to be the faint image of my pillows and headboard. This didn't feel at all like hypnagogia and it wasn't the same as astral sight.  I could open my eyes and shut them and it still didn't feel like I had them shut - it felt like they were wide open.

On three separate occasions yesterday I did a full-lotus position meditation for 30 minutes. It is very easy and natural and after a couple of minutes I'm usually very relaxed and feel a vibration like being high on a drug (I guess - I've never actually been high on a drug).  In the latter two meditations I felt like I was just a floating consciousness in a blank dimension. I felt completely unattached to my physical body and the physical world. It felt like I was somewhere else just looking around.

I've noticed also that when I lay down for visualizations, it's only a couple of minutes before the bed and pillows under me just disappear from my attention and it feels like I'm floating.  I literally cannot feel them, even though no parts of my body have "gone to sleep" (become numb).  I'm usually very quickly into the hypnagogic state and have no problem staying conscious and remembering the scenarios that play out.

All this is very encouraging!  I feel like I have made a lot of progress in a very short period of time of extra effort recently.

Comments