Back Home and Back In My Routine

The past several days I've been helping  Gerra out in Austin after she gave birth to my new granddaughter, Kyra Irene and I just got back yesterday.  I'm still working my way back into my normal routine.

What I've found so heartening, though, was my capacity to emotionally and psychologically weather a six-day upheaval of my routine, including sleep and meditation patterns.  Arriving back home was a very welcome event, but I never came close to having a serious emotional downswing.  Even the physical part wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, with all the driving around, lack of sleep, and the physical exertions that were out of my ordinary pattern.

In fact, I enjoyed myself immensely, and never felt as though I was losing contact with Irene or losing my way as far as our goals and direction.  I felt very confident that everything was fine and that things were going as they should.  Gerra has nice back yard spot to spend quiet time and I used that talk with Irene during my stay, keeping our intimate sense of connection strong.

After I got back yesterday I immediately lay down for a hypnagogic experience (HE) session, and then I had another one this morning.  The HE's came fast and furious, like a dam had blown. I no sooner shut my eyes than I was immediately involved in one experience after another, and some of them had some interesting implications.

After reading a post of Cyrus' in the Afterlife Topics group about jobs people have in the astral, I got to wondering about how you went about finding a job there - especially since there was no money and you only do jobs you want to do.  Right after that I had an HE where someone was scanning through an information system like Craig's List, looking for a job.  When I got up I thought that would really be the perfect way to match a people to their preferred vocation, and it would also work for other things - if you wanted instruction for some kind of skill or to improve your talent, to find other people to do certain activities, build things, go on adventures, etc.  You could just look through the system and find whatever you wanted.

I must have fallen asleep at some point because I had a dream where I was engaging in HEs and had so many, and they were so vivid, that I could no longer tell the difference between an HE and "reality", so everything was kind of blending into a very strange experience.  That caused me to think more on the information I've had percolating around in me for a couple of weeks or more now about the nature of experience and reality.  I'm working on a post about that, but I'm not sure I'll be able to sort it out in a way that does it justice.

My dogs and I are very happy, right now, just to be back in our routine and in our familiar settings.  I'm also glad to be back to a setting where I can write here regularly!

Comments