Hypnagogic Visions

Lately when I do my lying-down meditation, I've had more flashes of sights and sounds that seem real - meaning, it sounds as if I'm actually hearing something, and looks as if I'm actually seeing something. This is entirely different from the more dream-like state which feels more like what we normally call "dreams."  I'm conscious when they occur and I often think for a second that I have my eyes open, or that I'm hearing someone speak.

Today I did several of these kinds of meditations and at one point  I had a momentary vision that I was sitting on the couch in the living room and looking down at what appeared to be a color-coded schedule of some sort in my hands.  This is similar to another such "vision" when I was in the same position, the same room, but it was a black square in my hands.  When this happens, I'm observing things from the first-person view and it is my peripheral vision that allows me to see where I am because I'm looking right down at whatever is in my hands. It's not at all like a dream.

In a similar vision today I was looking into the front room where my office is, but the office wasn't there; there was what seemed to be Irene's furniture to my left and a TV in the corner where there is now a window and an air conditioning unit  These visions are very fleeting - they only last a couple of seconds.

Today I also heard - seemingly with my ears - a woman say "extraction point."  In the evening I was watching part of a movie and this man said "extraction point." 

Comments