No Desire for "Enlightenment" or "Advancement"

Another good day.  I had to run into town to do some errands and had a nice talk with Irene about our lives on the other side. I'm thinking more in terms of what I imagine life would be like considering some of the circumstances I believe to be true about the astral worlds.

I was also thinking (and talking with my spirit team) about the idea of "spiritual advancement" and how that idea doesn't resonate with me in the least. When I was younger and felt discontent most of the time, I looked to spiritual "enlightenment" or advancement as a means of quenching that discontent.  As I've mentioned, I used to meditate quite a bit and was doing so when Irene and I met.  I was also a vegetarian, complete non-drinker and non-smoker and used no recreational drugs whatsoever.

However, it was actually being with Irene that gave me what I had always been looking for - complete satisfaction and fulfillment.  We talked about this often, how utterly satisfied and complete our lives felt. Some people might equate that with boredom or death, but it wasn't like that. We enjoyed doing lots of things, but we were perfectly happy just sitting next to each other watching Wheel of Fortune for the 3,000th time. I realize that may be hard to imagine, but each time was like the first time. The tradition of it made it somehow even more meaningful to us.

And that's where I am now, even with Irene on the other side - once again feeling complete and fulfilled.  I know she's there and I know we will be together again, and I know that in a very real way were are actually still together.  I can sense her with me. Even with the sense of sorrow when I get to missing her, I still feel complete and fulfilled and in a larger sense, very very happy and fortunate.

So when people talk about enlightenment or spiritual advancement, I basically just shrug and think, for myself, why should I care? I've already found my "perfect place", fulfillment and my sense of completion.  I have no desire to constantly want to be someplace else or in some other state. That seems utterly exhausting and a never-ending effort.  I just want to smell the roses with my wife - for eternity.  I can't imagine anything more heavenly than that, nor can I imagine it ever getting old.

Comments