Another Dream of Irene!

Wow, has it been five days since I last posted?

Well, it's no wonder - I've got a ton of work I've been having to do in my regular job, plus I've had a lot of family over.  In addition to all that, I feel like I've been fighting a bug for several days. Usually when I get catch a cold it affects me mentally more than anything else and I have a really bad attitude for a few days, as well as a very deep voice. I think that's what has been going on because it's about the time of year I usually have one of these episodes and it usually lasts a few days.

It's kind of extra special to me that in the middle of this downtime, with me barely having any time to do any meditating  and not feeling particularly "spiritual" at all, that Irene came to me in another dream last night!  A very fun, flirty dream and I could fully see her face this time.

This dream occurred, like the prior ones and my OOBE, after I had woken up in the middle of the night, stayed awake over an hour and then went back to sleep.  Gerra had mentioned that it seemed like that might be helping me have these experiences just yesterday before she left.  I didn't know if I should start trying to help such events by setting my alarm, or just confirm with her and anyone helping her that I'm quite agreeable to waking up in the middle of the night.  I think my trying to help might just get in the way of what is already successful, so until and if I get a sign or some message that I should help, I'll just endorse what is currently going on.

Irene and I have mostly been talking about family issues I won't go into on this blog, but we've also been talking about my being able to accept that there will be cycles where just don't feel very "spiritual" and kind of need a break from AREI and the Facebook groups.  She brought it up that it was like when I used to do more drawing and painting, I would take long breaks from it and then come back refreshed and actually better.  The same is true of many things I do - I have a cycle of rather intense and committed involvement, and then I'm just kind of sick of it and need a break.

This is a pattern that I've learned from in other areas of my life as to how to prevent total burnout and protect myself from my own tendencies towards self-destructive behavior.  It's like knowing to never take anything I think or feel after 6pm seriously because that's my cutoff for productive, healthy introspection.  When I get into a "bad attitude" mode, I don't take anything I think or feel at the the time seriously.  I usually just try to distract myself until it passes.

So, in the middle of that, to get such a great dream interaction with Irene is such a blessing!  I feel like all our intention/affirmation/prayer work is already producing results well beyond expectations.

Comments