The Exquisite Journey

I was sitting on the porch talking with Irene, and I was thinking about how often I had wish I had already crossed over or lamented the fact that I was still here - not that my life here isn't a good one, it is. I often semi-joke with my spirit team, "I finished the will! Ready to go, any time now!"

A realization came over me, though, that Irene and I are on such an exquisite journey right now. Hard, painful, at times sorrowful, made more difficult by fear and doubt - yet, I know how this journey turns out. I know what is waiting for me, and I know it will be all the sweeter, all the more joyous, all the more triumphant because of the difficulty of the path.

Sure, I could have died with her - that would have been much easier. And finding ourselves together in the astral at the same time would have been great, but I know for certain it wouldn't have been anything like the experience I see ahead for us - a magnificent, glorious reunion that can only be had through a painful and difficult journey like this.

From what I know of the afterlife, we can fully relive anything we have ever experienced, as much as we want. When I think of that moment when we are fully reunited and what it will feel like to have gone through this and sweep Irene up in my arms once again and know we are together for eternity, I realize that however long I have on Earth, whatever I go through, it's worth it to have that moment for all of eternity.

Comments