Emotional Hugs From Irene, and the "Everlife"

I think I'm going to start using Suzanne Geisemann's term "everlife" instead of "afterlife" because it incorporates this life as well as part of our eternal lives. This is, after all, just another form of experience in the infinite variety of experiences available to our eternal existence.

The other day Irene and I were visualizing some new things in "Always" - our name for our private experience realm (not entirely private - we do plan on inviting others to visit).  A visualization of us popped in my head, the two of us in a couple's tube floating down a lazy water park-like "river" path, winding through our island, the warm sun on us and the view full of beautiful trees, plants, flowers, birds, and animals near the water.  It brought back the memory of when, as a child, my family went to the Ozarks and we tubed down the river there for a couple of miles.

That was one of the best memories I have as a child, and I have quite a few.  It reminded me that as adults we often become disconnected from the sense of child-like fun and wonder and do not often associate it with our everlife going forward, being focused perhaps on things that seem more adult, weighty and "spiritual".

IMO, what can be more "spiritual" than child-like, innocent fun and enjoyment?  That led me to explore with Irene other ideas that would be so much fun to enjoy in our eternal everlife, ideas gleaned from childhood memories.  Exploring those memories brought back those old sensations.  We are free, in the everlife, of responsibilities and pressures - much like little children - and we can fully embrace the carefree, joyous sensations of youthful energy and innocent wonder.

Irene gave me several "emotional hugs" yesterday, where I felt her tender, sweet presence in my heart and head.  For whatever reason we decided to go get a Subway sandwich in the next town over and she seemed particularly happy and excited about it.  I thought maybe she was going to play me something on the radio again, but we were headed back when I thought to her, "You know, it's been a few days since you gave me an overt sign ..."

I had literally just finished that thought when a van turned onto the road in front of us with "Irene's Flowers and Gifts" painted on its back doors!

Comments