Saturday Evening, April 22, 2017 The Allen Wrench

Ivori came out and Emanuel (her son, our grandson) was putting a new swing bench together in the front living room (the old one broke).  He needed an allen wrench. Usually, the boxes come with the tools necessary to put the thing together, especially if it’s an allen wrench.  I looked around for allen wrenches, literally pulling stuff out of my tool boxes and fishing around in them for about 5 minutes and didn’t find one. I called Robert and asked him and he said he’d round his up and bring them over.  Meanwhile, Ivori was standing at the cabinets in the hallway looking for an allen wrench and said out loud, “Irene, I know you have allen wrenches, show me where they are!” and she immediately turned and walked into the mud room looked down at the tool box I had just searched, and right there in plain sight, the first thing her eyes landed on was a whole brand new set of allen wrenches.

I know I did not have those allen wrenches before.

We were all amazed.  One of them fit and I called Robert back saying we found a set.  Then Emanuel came in and we were validating Irene, thanking her for her help and were going over the sequences of events again and I popped open my ipad and right there at the top of the news scroll in a automated facebook "memory" post, there was a pic of Irene with coffee in one hand, her arms up as if to say “Look at what I can do!” in response to the allen wrenches. I turned it around and showed Ivori and Emanuel and a few seconds later the lights dimmed twice just like they did for Robert and I before.

Robert, Shanna & Khloe (our great-grandaughter) came over and Shanna dressed her up in her new Batgirl outfit I got her. The mask went missing and we couldn’t find it anywhere.  I asked Irene to help find it and while she was at it, jokingly, find the soundbar remote we lost years earlier. About 1 minute later Robert found the old soundbar remote, but we didn’t find the mask. We had looked for that soundbar thoroughly several times.  I wondered if Irene was doing something with the mask for later, which is why I wrote this down.  We  were all walking around going, “Where’s the mask? Where could it have gotten off to? Is it in your pockets? Where’d you put it? Could it have fallen?”  It seemed to have simply disappeared.

I still feel my heart being protected.

Comments