Wednesday, May 3, 2017 Irene's Garden Pyramid

At some point over the past few days I must have decided to get Ivori to do some gardening.  She’s really been excited about remaking Irene’s pyramid-shaped flower garden in the front yard.  I started outlining a new spot and today farther out in front and she went to buy some flower and gardening stuff for it before she came out.  Irene loves gardening and just didn't have the energy or strength to do it the past few years.  I have this idea forming as to what I want to do in the yard and in the house, kind of move it towards our vision of what we wanted it to be.  It occurs to me to try and get a new roof put on the house - something Irene always wanted to see happen.  It's a miracle we haven't had a problem with the current roof.  It's pretty bad.

Ivori was really excited when she found all the gardening stuff on sale and on clearance and texted me pictures. I told her that was another special thing about Irene – every time I went to the store to buy her stuff I always found it on clearance or on sale.  I texted her that Irene doesn’t like people spending a lot of money on her and it makes her happy if people can get stuff cheap, and that it was Irene giving her blessing to the pyramid plan.

Ivori said this old man started talking to her out of the blue about how Ivori knew what she was doing, that you never pay full price for plants or garden stuff, wait until it’s on clearance – exactly Irene’s philosophy. I told her that must have been Irene talking to her.  After Ivori started working on it I started feeling like Irene was really happy about us remaking her pyramid as a project. I envisioned her there in the sun with us.

Irene is a true nature child - she loved being outdoors, barefoot and with her hands in the dirt, pulling weeds or planting flowers.  She must be so happy now - youthful, healthy, vibrant, free to garden, dance, play or just lay out in the golden light I've read bathes everything in the afterlife.  Or, if she's here, able to now be outside with us without being short of breath or hurting. I'm so happy for her.

The grief appears to have subsided for the day.  I'm thinking more normally.  That's such a bizarre experience.  It really is like I just became someone else and was experiencing their pain and thoughts and an entirely different psychology and outlook.

Comments

  1. The garden is thriving ! And the pyramid is still standing !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment