The Relentless Onslaught of the Physical World

One of the things about posting to this blog live is that I'm going to be posting a lot of stuff that occurs to me as it happens, instead of waiting until a later even brings it into focus and then writing about what happened before.

I was just in the kitchen cooking some food and having a conversation with my spirit team about how hard it is, in a physical life, to really incorporate the spiritual and make it an integral part of our lives when most of our experience of the spiritual cannot even remotely compete with the ongoing, relentless onslaught of physical experience and concerns.  It's incredibly easy to get distracted by the physical and to get so caught up in it that you might go years without giving the spiritual anything more than a cursory thought.

The effort towards integrating spirit into our lives is difficult. I have it better than most simply because I live alone and work from home so I can set my own schedule and talk freely to the other side all day long.  Even with all that working for me, it's still difficult to focus because the habit is there to pay attention to what you can readily and easily see, hear and touch.  I've totally given up playing video games (which used to be something I did every day) and watch very, very little television compared to when Irene was alive.  If I'm not working, enjoying time with the family, eating or sleeping, I spend virtually every remaining second meditating, attempting to astral project, talking to spirit or looking at afterlife material - books, videos, etc.

The point I was making to my spirit team is that for most people, unless they can actually visit and clearly interact with the astral world/Heaven/Summerland and loved ones/guides there on a regular basis, it's just not going to be able to compete with the great tide of physical responsibility and distraction.  It's asking for a herculean effort on the part of most people to be more focused on the spiritual even under normal circumstances, let alone difficult ones.

Comments