The Power of a Thought

Talk about a lot of conspiring events - work, family, bad atmosphere, and so much to do today has left my brain completely fried.  No grief, however, and only a little sadness of the pity party variety.  I feel so exhausted and overwhelmed, but again - no crash.  That's really the big point - I can experience a day like today and not fall back into grief makes me feel like it has really been defeated.

I wrote the above yesterday, but had a brain that was far too fried to finish.  I went to sleep last night totally overwhelmed with work and family stuff and woke up feeling pretty much the same.  At some point I asked my spirit team for some help overcoming my anxiety and the following immediately popped into my mind: "It's nothing compared to what you went through when Irene died."

That thought, that "meme", washed over me like a solvent, dissolving my anxiety and making me laugh. Then this popped in my head, "We've been through worse than this, Lover."  That was specifically from Irene, and some of the situations we went through in our life scrolled through my mind, and I was at peace - we had made it through far worse situations than this.  What I'm working my way through now doesn't even compare.  All we had in those days was faith, love and trust ... we didn't have a dime to our name or even a car to find a job with.

Those two ideas were like keys that unlocked my issues, and since then I have felt absolutely great today. It's utterly amazing how easy it is to transform into a new, better frequency; sometimes all it takes is the right thought to do the trick! I think those on the other side can put a frequency, a vibration into us by giving us such thoughts.

Comments