Refined Technique for Astral Projection

Just got finished talking to Irene for a while on the porch, and she brought some things to my attention so that I could put them together and share.

The thing I did differently that led to that sweet dream yesterday was a kind of meditation (which I **needed** because of the emotions my daughter hit me with) and employed a very particular kind of visualization. There have been several threads of experience and information that have culminated in this method of having deeper experiences with Irene, dreams, and hopefully more astral projection experiences with her.

As many of you know, I'm always looking to refine my technique in the hopes of being able to astral project with Irene at will. A lot of the techniques about how to astral project (well, all of them that I'm aware of) have a common thread: focusing on the textural reality of something as you are either trying to leave your body or as you are visualizing. It's also described as a way to stabilize your astral projection after you are in it. Stare at a mirror, feel the furniture, the floor, the carpet, the wall, etc.

That's part of what occurred when I astral projected - one of the first things I did there was to feel the texture of the carpet I was on. Others here who have astral projected have encountered the same thing - the textural feel, the sensory reality of the experience.

Jurgen Ziewe said something about "diving into" the visualization or the hypnagogia. I've been thinking about that for days - how do I do that? I don't want to "lose consciousness" by submitting to hypnagogia and letting it become a full-fledged dream, because then I have to remember to become aware again. It's much like trying to lucid dream. I would prefer to just skip that part and move from visualization to full astral projection.

Putting these threads together I remember that my meditative practice always began with the same visualization because it was the most immediately soothing and the easiest to maintain. While my more adventurous visualizations are very much fun and very satisfying, and helped reprogram my subconscious conditioning out of grief and pain, they don't really - for me - give me an opportunity to focus on sensory texture.

Since my desire is to be immediately with Irene when I astral project, what occurs to me as the pathway to "diving in" to an experience with her is to visualize something very easy and simple, and completely focus on the sensory texture of her and that specific setting. Not "doing" anything, not talking - just paying attention to sensory texture.

This is actually something I've done before that provided intense emotional connection - like focusing on the feel of her hand in mine, or focusing on looking into her eyes.

We had this position we always enjoyed simply being in - her laying by my side but half on top of me, her hair against my chin and cheek, her hand on my chest, one of my hands on that hand, the other arm around her with that hand on her back, on of her legs draped over my legs.

There are some interesting reasons I only did this occasionally and only when I needed it most in the past - mostly it was that in life here for the past several years Irene had difficulty staying still for very long (among other factors) but that wasn't true when we first met - we could stay in that position for an hour, fall asleep in that position, and we returned to it continuously because we felt completely at peace, like nothing else existed but each other. I think subconsciously I didn't think she had the patience to do that same thing over and over, which is also why I like to make up interesting adventures for us. 

However, she's assured me she'd love to give this a try, that she's much more patient now that she has eternity and can do multiple things at once.

That's what I returned to in my full-lotus position meditation the past couple of days, and I again focused on sensory texture - not talking with her, not really even moving, just the texture of her hair against my cheek, her head on my shoulder, her hand on my chest, my hand on hers and on her back, her leg covering me.

I think the easy visualization that doesn't require anything but a sense of closeness, comfort, love, and provides for easy focus on sensory texture is a pathway of "diving in" or moving conscious awareness from one dimension to the other. It's a way of "going into" the other world. I'm going to be trying to develop that, practice it, you are welcome to try as well.

I will still be doing other visualizations as well (if I feel like it), but we're really excited about this technique!

Comments