Tuning In

I've been thinking about thought, speech, imagery and focusing attention/intention. I was thinking about what happens when you're talking. Most "talking" is an automatic process -  you're in a conversation and things occur to you to say and you say them. But, do you construct the sentence, or the paragraph, in your mind before talking?  Have you worked out all the words you are going to say, and in what order?  Do you fully work out an idea before saying it or writing it down?

The same thing goes on when I'm writing. I'm not thinking out the sentence before I write it, or the whole paragraph before I start.  I haven't even articulated the whole idea in my mind before I feel confident that I've got something "in its entirety" I'm about to express. So, what is going on?

I have a sensation in my mind when I'm about to express myself, as if I've found the thought or idea or information I want to express (even without conscious knowledge of all of what it entails).  It's like I'm tuning into a cache of thoughts that I recognize by feel, focus on that specific frequency and the words and sentences come out in good order (depending on my skill as a writer or orator).  When you think about it, being able to do this is pretty amazing because we don't really know specifically what's coming in through that particular frequency, we just somehow know locate the right cache of information and start interpreting out in language.

I think the same might be true of art - you tune in to a frequency and then something starts coming through. Some artists know - at least for the most part - what art is coming through, but for others it's a mystery until they produce it.  A lot of writers are this way, and I've heard that many scientists who have made great inventions or leaps of knowledge did it in a similar fashion.

This "information" has been coming to me since yesterday - that everything we do is about "tuning in" to an information frequency.  How to behave, what to say, how to do a thing, what to write, art, music - whatever it is, you "tune in" to it and you start interpreting it.  It's what manifesting is about; it's not really creating your own reality but rather tuning in to frequencies and interpreting the information coming through.

"Pretending" or "imagining" is part of this "tuning in" process.  So is intention and affirmation and prayer.  You're using a built in "tuning" sense to locate the information you're looking for - the frequency - and then interpreting it into the physical world.  This is why those who are close can read each other's minds and often feel their pain or emotions; you're tuned in to them and you're already interpreting their frequency.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of mentally tuning into the frequency I need, to seek the information I am looking for ; this reminds me of positive affirmations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be what is happening when we/I are doing something----like for example repairs around the house---& somehow I receive 'ideas' that will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...contemplating your comments about talking, etc....pretty mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much of "ordinary life" that we take for granted, but when you stop and think about what is actually going on, it's incredible. How do we remember stuff when we have no idea how memory works? How can we manufacture imagery in our head when we have no idea how that works? How can we just intend to respond and find the right words to express the right concepts? Where does intuition and inventive insight come from? Etc.

      Delete

Post a Comment