Thursday, July 13, 2017 Drawing In The Coffee

Every single day after my wife passed on April 11 of this year, I've made her coffee the way she likes it as usual and set it on the coffee table where I used to, and I sit where I have always, next to her - where I believe she sits, with me. At the end of the day, when I go to take her cup, there has been a white drawing in her coffee - the same drawing every single day up until about 5 days ago.  I posted a picture and made a note of in on my Facebook account on June 11, I think
About 5 days ago I told her that if she didn't want me to make her coffee anymore, stop drawing in it. I think somewhere in my mind I had subconsciously attributed the drawing to natural causes, because it was the same drawing every day. It looked like a blooming flower to me. I didn't for a moment think it would stop.

At the end of the day, there was no drawing. Nothing. Just a cup of coffee. My jaw dropped and I instantly realized that I didn't for a second seriously think the phenomena would stop.

I realized immediately that I couldn't stop making her coffee yet - it was one of the ways I connected to her and, in my mind, showed her I loved her and loved to do things for her. I told her that if she wanted to stop drawing it was okay, but I was still going to have to get her coffee for the time being.

Next day, nothing. No drawing. I realized I hadn't been honest with myself, or her. I told her, "Look babe, I realize I said you could stop drawing in your coffee, but to tell you the truth, I really do miss it now that it's gone. I can get over it if I need to, but I sure do miss it. Would you please keep drawing me pictures in it if you can?"

The next day, a new drawing appeared - a circle in the center of the cup with spikes emanating outward from it. I didn't get a picture of that one, but yesterday she drew what looks like a tree with roots and branches that look like energy.
Needless to say, I'm quite a bit more appreciative of the daily drawings now that I know they are definitely Irene.  I can't for the life of me even think why I would even consider not getting her coffee - it seems to me it was all a nudged setup to show me that the drawings are in fact from her.  Some days odd things happen, or I'm in odd moods, and there seems to be no reason at all until later when something unfolds.


Comments