More On "Alternate Realities"

I feel like I ought to explain a little about the "alternate reality" and "reality creation" stuff I've started talking about.  Sometimes I forget to provide enough context for people I don't know to make sense of what I'm saying or writing about.

I have a couple of philosophy books - Anarchic Harmony and Unconditional Freedom - that were published in the mid-90's, both of which are out of print now.  In those books I described breaking out of socially-constructed thoughts and beliefs and living fearlessly from your own perspective and how I believed the world around you would move itself around to accommodate you.

Well before I wrote those books, and before the car accident that should have killed us all (but which we stepped out of with very minor injuries), Irene and I were driving through the small country town we had met in on our way to the city for something and she suddenly told me to stop and back up.  I backed up and we were in front of this enormous, beautiful old country home in the middle of town and she exclaimed "That's the house we're going to get married in!" As we drove on she said that she always dreamed (actual dreams, not daydreams) of living in a house like that with high ceilings and lots of rooms, and with (as she called them) "secret" rooms. She said we were going to live there and get married there.

Of course, at the time we were completely broke and struggling to get by day to day just for the bare necessities.  Her faith, however, was unshakable. I've never met anyone with such powerful faith.  This was shortly after we met and we had planned to get married in the summer. that same year.  In my mind, it wasn't even possible for us to come up with a single month's rent on a place like that.

Pursuing her faith we met the woman who owned the house. She was trying to sell it and wasn't really interested in renting it. Apparently, I looked a lot like her departed, beloved husband when he was young, and he was also named Bill. This helped to convince her that if we could come up with the money to rent it she would rent it to us until she had a buyer.

Then we had the car accident, got a few thousand dollars in settlement and rented the house. We were married there on July 1, 1990. Just like Irene said. That's when I started writing.

During our time together I have seen this kind of miraculous confluence of events many, many times, where all these events would have had to have been set up in perfect alignment in order for something to work out for us.  It kept happening throughout our life together.  We came to think of it as moving through realities because we didn't think that one reality where everyone lived would bend itself around in such ways just to accommodate us, but rather it must be us that was moving through realities to those that provided what our faith and attention was focused on.

In physics, there is a phenomenon called observer or quantum collapse, where the observer is that which "chooses" the actual states of subatomic phenomena from a field of vibrational potential.  There has been quite a bit written about this theory that included infinite alternate realities and timelines, where each choice we could have made is played out in another reality.  Our consciousness, however, follows reality pathways according to (1) our focus/attention, and (2) the state of our "vibration", which is in tune with who and what we are at deep level.

It sounds like a bunch of new age stuff, but several of the fathers of modern physics believed that consciousness was the root of physical reality - that it, in fact, creates what we experience as physical reality.  A lot of new age or modern spiritualities picked up on that and has incorporated those quantum theories and writings into their philosophies.

So, when I talk about Irene and I believing that we are moving through realities, that is the context.  That is what we believed and that is how we lived our lives - that it was us and our vibrational state that was "creating" the physical world around us by choosing pathways through realities that could contain in them virtually anything as sequential experiences in our lives.  We experienced multiple miraculous events that would be really difficult to explain in any ordinary view of reality.

So, what does this have to do with my attempts to contact and interact with Irene, and keep our relationship going strong?  The confluence of events where I feel like I've been shown something to be true that is in concert with my desire that it be true, and then immediately getting support from external sources like books or videos or online information, has reminded me of our "reality choosing" or 'reality creation" perspective which had become ingrained and normal for us - taken for granted, even, so that it had become more of a background structure.

So I realize I can write things in this blog that make little sense unless one understands that background structure. Also, I find that I need to refresh myself on these views and start bringing back into focus some of the more conscious thought habits we had developed in our path of creating our own perfect little world here on Earth while we were together. We don't want to "find ourselves" in a spiritual afterlife that we must try and conform ourselves into. That's not who we are. I need to entirely stop trying to "figure out" what the afterlife is, and instead focus on and imagine what I want it to be for us.

We have almost always been in perfect accord on what we want together, and as time went by we were in perfect harmony with our wants and desires. She often said that when were were unified - on the same train, as she said - nothing could stop us from creating whatever we wanted. Now that we've gotten me through the worst of the experience of her dying, it's time to take a more proactive perspective and start once again creating our reality instead of me trying to "figure out" how to reunite with her via some supposed pre-existing spiritual ruleset or structure.

Comments