Finishing Up The Book

This weekend I spent a lot of time finishing up the editing on  my book, "Love After Life".  It should be posted here both on "The Book" tab and in links to Google Doc and PDF versions sometime this week.  Right now I'm putting in links to blog posts that correspond to various things I mention in the text of the book so that readers can see the full context of what I was going through at the time if they want.

Yes, I realize I'm not posting every day like I used to.  Rest assured that I'm not losing interest in keeping the blog current, but rather this new schedule represents a new stage of the development of my relationship with Irene.  Some of my desire and even need to write here every day was out of a kind of fear that if I did not do so my attention to our efforts and dedication to her would begin to wane.  She is so woven into my daily life and thoughts, and my sense of connection to her is so good and fulfilling, that I no longer worry about that.

If I miss a meditation or a blog post, it is not the end of the world nor does it signify a reduction in how much I love Irene or in my excitement and desire to be with her and interact with her.  It just means I don't have to tightly control such activities to stave off feelings driven by insecurities.

The great thing is that this change has come about very naturally and represents a huge success.  If you read back to earlier posts where I wrestled with even the notion of feeling "normal", it's incredible that in so short a time I feel this whole and normal about this new structure of our relationship.  The process I describe in the book is working well beyond my expectations.  I had no idea how a state like what I've been experiencing lately could possibly be achieved.  Months ago I felt only despair and, in that grief state, felt anything like this would be impossible.

Comments