A Morning Of Bliss

There was a healthy debate in the Afterlife Topics group about the nature of relationships and existence when someone said something I've heard time and time again - that relationships don't last forever and there there is no such thing as an "eternal", committed, romantic soul mate relationship.

I started wondering about why someone would say that or believe it.  I don't see that there's a logical reason why such relationships cannot exist.  It seems that many people are committed to the idea that all relationships either boil down to the individual and god, the individual and the universe, the individual's relationship to everyone else as a whole, or just everyone and everything as "one", either in constant eternal fluctuation or, at some level, some form of unified, pure bliss where there is no sense of individual identity.

I remember before I met Irene I had utterly dispatched the idea of "true love", or any "soul mate" kind of love (romantic, eternal soul mates).  I had adopted cosmological views of existence that basically dismissed the very idea and saw it as a misinformed concept.  Up until I met Irene I saw all metaphysical constructs of existence with equal disinterest because none of them appealed to me; I couldn't see "constant change" or "perfect, eternal bliss" as particularly appealing concepts. It all just seemed so banal - constantly recycling through various stages, learning, forgetting, learning, forgetting?  Endless leveling up until you are in blissful union with God?  Bleah. That might be some people's dream afterlife but it does nothing for me.

When I met Irene, it felt like "coming home". I only then began to see a state of eternal existence that I could enjoy and look forward to.Not "learning and forgetting and re-learning", not trying to achieve some lofty spiritual goal, and not going through countless relationships, but rather an eternity with her simply enjoying ourselves as we experienced the universe together.

I always struggle to try and explain this soul mate, twin flame, affinity mate - whatever one wishes to call it - relationship to those that seem to want to characterize in terms of their own perspective, ego or needs.  Many don't want such a thing to exist, for whatever reason. It always seems like there are two groups competing to be "right" about these kinds of relationships in terms of what they "actually" are, and about what "real" love is, whether or not romantic love is "real" love or some transitional phase.  It seems like one group or the other is inferring from the other group that they are accusing them that they "lack" something or have a misunderstanding about the nature of existence.  Why can't there just be some people who have a soul mate, and others who do not?  All it would mean is that some people are not complete without this other person, and other people are (or can be) complete without another person.  Or, they can feel "complete" with a series or group of people. Or by merging back into the "whole" or God or the universe; why insist such fundamentally paired relationships do not exist? It's baffling.

Anyway, I had a rather amazing meditation this morning. The only way to describe it would be that it was about 20 minutes of bliss, which I had to stop because I just couldn't take any more.  I was connected to irene vibrationally and easily envisioned her, several times she had a big mischievous smile on her face and I could see her in my mind pretty clearly.  We were together in some kind of mind-meld sense, but my impression was that it was pretty much how we always feel when we are together over there.


(Important Note: Blog entries from April 11, 2071 to September 16, 2017 chronicle my journey after the death of my wife, Irene, forward through the intense pain and sorrow of losing my soul mate to defeating grief and regaining our happy, loving relationship. September 16 marks the beginning of the second phase of our journey - chronicling our continued effort to increase our connection across the veil and also to share this journey with others.  A free book that describes this process much more succinctly will be posted here as soon as it is finished. )


Comments

  1. The people that try to convince others that their viewpoint is correct, usually the negative view, like that soulmates don't exist, don't see that they are actually trying to create more people that are like them, that way, they don't feel so disconnected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment