More Music From Irene

I was originally writing this in the Afterlife Topics Facebook group in response to someone asking if people had ever had the departed use music to contact them, but then what happened while I was writing it makes it something I need to document here.

As readers of this blog know, Irene often uses music to let me know how she's here and how she feels about me. I have 200+ songs in my system and let them random play when I listen to music. The first time she used music was after a couple of songs played that I thought were odd because they were both songs she liked to listen to with me, so I said "Okay, babe, if that's you, play our Shania Twain song next", and it was the next song that played: "You're Still The One".

The next time a song just popped into my head I really had no reason to think of - "I Can't Wait," by Nu Shooz. It kept playing like a soundtrack in my head every morning when I woke up. That started a whole chain of events where my daughter and I watched the video and in it Irene dramatically confirmed and encouraged what I was doing to contact her and let me know that it was okay if I focused on other things at times, which I had been worried about that day. (Original post here.)


Then one day I was feeling rather melancholy about whether or not I was bothering Irene too much with my needs. I began to doubt that she felt the same way about me, that I was holding her back - just one of those things that grief can generate even though you know it's not true. I asked her to play the next song and "Never My Love" by The Association played. (Original post here.)


So I'm writing this comment in the Facebook group and Irene did it again. I looked up the Shania Twain song to make sure I got the name of the song right and played it on YouTube and it blew me away that the whole thing is filmed in a kind of dreamy night sequence by the beach and it shows a house by the beach - a place that I consider our "home" in the Astral and where most of my envisioned interaction with Irene takes place. I've never seen that video before.  The whole thing just looks like it could have been plucked from my mind.


Then another Shania Twain song on the YouTube sidebar caught my eye - "Forever and For Always" - since "Always" was one of our affectionate words we always used on cards and notes we'd give each other. I played it and it was another music video shot on what looks like our beach in my mind (same color of sand, same rocky outcroppings, etc.), and the words might as well have been custom made for us - it was as if Irene had written that song and was singing it to me right now to make sure I know how she feels about me and us, that she can feel in my heart how much I love her and can see it in my eyes.  That's something I always tell her when we talk, that I hope she can feel and see, from where she is now, how much I love her.


This just got even better!  I took a break before publishing this and came back and thought I'd look up the other "our song" I remembered.  I remembered reading in Irene's journal that our first song was by Sheriff, so I searched Sheriff on YouTube and found a song I thought it was. I started playing it and realized it wasn't the "our song" I thought it was, but it was the first "our song" - I had just forgotten it. "When I'm With You" was the song she had picked as "our song" that was playing when I proposed to her:



While I was listening to this song, I was looking at the sidebar and there at the bottom of the screen was the other "our song" that I remembered!  Out of all the songs from that era that could be on the that sidebar, there was the one I picked to tell her how I felt (we had decided we'd both pick an "our song", something I forgot until just now): "Angel Eyes" by The Jeff Healey Band.



I haven't been able to listen to these songs since Irene passed over, but this morning, because of that FB post someone made, I've listened to them all and not only have they not caused a breakdown, being able to listen to them has made me very happy and feeling completely connected to Irene.  What an amazing morning!!

Comments

Post a Comment