Two Disruptive Trains

Last night and today were very challenging.  There were some pretty serious events that occurred with a couple of our children that were very negative and - for all of us - very disheartening.  It's times like this that you realize just how crappy the world and the people in it can be, and how good people often end up in bad or troubling situations through no real fault of their own.  It's so easy to lose faith and trust when certain things go on.

I did find out, however, that I have much more emotional investment in our children than I thought - which is a good thing.  It's one of the things I had hoped I could cultivate, something I think I came here to learn or let myself experience.  I had to work to keep tuned in to Irene's and my home frequency at times; at other times I felt Irene blend into me and just relieve my unsettled feeling. 

Some very odd things happened that made it feel as if it was all part of the plan.  I woke up on my own at about two o'clock this morning this morning and a few minutes later I got a call about one of the issues.  Later I walked Pico - Marley didn't want to get out of bed - and there was a very loud, slow train going by on the track that runs through town.  About an hour later Marley decided he wanted to go out, and it was very strange - the train did the same thing, blowing the horn loud and slowly right through the middle of town.  That's not something they are supposed to do.  For it to happen in exactly the same way twice just when I happened to be outside was weird.

When I thought about it later, it was almost as if the universe was telling me that there were going to be not one but two loud, disruptive trains going through our lives.  Then a storm hit this evening. 

I managed to meditate and keep myself in a semi-blissful state with Irene as we visualized and sent our love and healing vibe to those that needed it.  It feels so good to have this peaceful and centered space to go to in times of trouble.

Later I got news from one of the kids that was very encouraging and made us both feel considerably better.

Comments