A Powerful Intention, A Good Dream, A Great Result

A Powerful Intention
This morning the first thing I did was an "intention-setting" meditation, which is my usual routine now.  When I do this I am searching for imagery and scenes in my mind that I wish to exist in and which generate an emotional connection and joyful reaction in me.  After sitting down cross-legged on my couch, I did my usual pre-meditation prayer of safety and guidance, immediately getting that familiar buzz which indicates that I'm tuned into "our" frequency.

Very quickly after that, a scene popped into my mind of the two of us (Irene and I) sitting on white, wooden  lounge chairs on a deck overlooking the beach and ocean.  Our feet were propped up on the white deck rail and we both had a cup of coffee and we were smoking. We were dressed just like we were at our wedding - we didn't wear formal clothes at our wedding, which was held in our home at the time.  We were laughing about something and had great big smiles on our faces, looking out at the morning horizon over the water.

It was just a casual, happy moment, but it had an incredible emotional impact.  It was pure joy and it rushed all through me.  That is what you call setting a deep, powerful intention!  I couldn't even meditate any more, I had to get up and get up and write this while it was still very clear.

A Good Dream
A couple of days ago I had a dream where I was at the old house with the kids, and I was aware that my time with them was short and I made sure to get a good look at them and tell them I loved them very much. It wasn't a sense that I was going to die, but rather more like the sense that my dream would soon end and I wanted to make sure I really looked at them and really let them know how I felt about them.

A Great Result
The main thing I was stressed out about the day before yesterday and yesterday morning has turned into a non-issue and worked out exactly the way I had hoped.  This is another reminder that it doesn't matter if you have doubt or feel like things will probably not go your way; just keep doing the process (intention, affirmation, prayer) and asking for help and then put one foot in front of the other. Don't get in your own way and don't stop just because you think something can't or probably won't work out.

Comments